Friday, January 29, 2010

You Are My Joy!

And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive.
With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And he set me on fire and I am burning alive.
With his breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And I cannot hold it in
Remain composed.
Love's taken over me
So I propose the letting myself go.
I am letting myself go.

You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.

And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive.
With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive.
With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone.
And I cannot hold it in and remain composed.
Love's taken over me and so I propose the letting myself go.
I am letting myself go.

You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.

I need to catch my breath, I need to.
I need to catch my breath, give me a moment now.

You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.
You are my joy.

I'm laughing so hard
And I'm laughing so hard
And I'm laughing so hard


This song has been all over my mind, heart, and stuck in my head for the past month straight. Let me preface this by saying, that is by no means a complaint. I have been able to relate to this song in my Walk with Christ more than any other Worship song ever written.
I take a very positive approach with my walk with Christ. My life verse, (Genesis 50:20) basically tells us that anything intended for evil, God can make Good. I take that same approach to my walk with Him - I still get nervous when I am bequeathed blessings, because I'm afraid I'll waste them, or not use them to their best of my/their ability - but then I remember what the foundation of all of this is - faith. Belief. If God gave me such blessings, then I am going to BELIEVE He is going to give me Revelation and His willpower to use it to the best of my ability.

As a result of having a positive mindset in my walk with Him, as well as the inherent Joy that comes with knowing Jesus, I tend to stay happy and Joyful the majority of the time. Granted, I do not get tested much - I have it great, no financial hardships, a loving family, a surrounding circuit of believers and friends who build me, but I still tend to stay Joyful in almost every situation in which I find myself.

Something about the chorus of this song, just screaming "YOU ARE MY JOY!" at the top of my lungs over and over, really just telling Him exactly what He is - I just, GOSH, I could do that forever; He's so worthy, He's so worthy HE'S SO WORTHY!!

And I know that most worship is very emotional now-a-days, and lots of crying and conviction, and that David Crowder has raised some eyebrows with the last line of this song - but I love it. "I'm laughing so hard!"
What do you do when you're happy? You laugh! So when we're Joyful, should we not laugh that much more? I'll catch myself laughing between verses of many of the different songs we play at Church, and I just can't help it - I'M Joyful and laughter is a physical manifestation of it.

And although I wouldn't consider myself a tongues-speaking Charismatic, but man, when I feel the Holy Spirit ("He set me on fire, I'm burning alive, His breath in my lungs, I'm coming undone") I CAN'T remain "composed" in the eyes of the world. I cannot stand/sit still when I sing those words - or when I ever think about God, or feel His Presence!

And letting myself go? I propose that every day. I wish I could completely let myself go - because that would leave so much more room for God to come in and exemplify Himself, and Glorify Himself through me.

This song, is a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment