Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Religion teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world"

I stumbled across this as someone's Religious Views on Facebook. To me, it represents the war between Science and Religion/Christianity that has been ongoing for centuries. I can't help but think that if THIS is what religion is to non-believers, we are doing a terrible job of communicating the love of Christ. I think that our approach to debates such as Abiogenesis vs. Intelligent Design are nothing more than self-serving, as I have yet to see ANYONE converted as a result of said debate.
The love of Christ is not manifested by "I'm right, You're wrong" attitudes, regardless of the fact that we do indeed know The Ultimate Truth. The Love of Christ is not manifested by low-blows, and personal attacks on those who may not believe the same things we do. I think that too big of a deal has been made of Evolution and Abiogenesis by Christianity as a whole.

Christianity is a message of Love, Grace, and Forgiveness, not to mention Acceptance, beyond anything we will ever be able to comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment