Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I got into another heated debate about whether Christians should use vulgarity or not today.

And someone brought up a point I've been flirting with a lot lately - using EVERY single opportunity, item, chance, ANYTHING to further God's Kingdom. EVERY single thing. Every decision. Every single little thing.

A lot of people have been giving me a hard time about buying so many guitars lately. Fair enough; it has gotten rather out of hand lately. And honestly, I bought all of these guitars for one reason: To play and make music that glorifies My King. And if I ever use them for any other purpose, whether it's personal gain or any of the countless other idols I find myself bowing to, I hope they are stolen from me quicker than I can ever comprehend.

Honestly, I've felt guilty for having so much most of the time lately. Jesus didn't need much of anything, and I shouldn't either. But I do. And I hold onto it way too tight to ever dream of letting it go.
But I will say this - I am learning to try and glorify God in EVERYTHING I do. EVERYTHING I own. I'm failing miserably, but I'm still trying. Having a car to drive all the time means I should not be stingy in the least bit for friends who need rides / people who need help etc.

Having more money than any teenager ever should have with a $7.50/hr job means I should not withhold when asked for help (Luke 6:30) at all. $5 gas? You got it.

Genesis 50:20 states:
20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives

Make the best of this rotten, lousy bag of bones Father.

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful person. Whenever I read anything you post I can just feel God pouring out of you. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete